Extraordinary Discourse 038


House of Excerpts



On the other hand, if I count the number of hours I spend listening to the radio, I am glad that I don't have to buy a license for it, or pay by the hour. My radio is on nearly all the time at home. Someone once said 'You get better pictures on the radio.' and they were right. When I hear a drama or comedy programme, I create the faces, costumes, special effects and scenery myself. No television producer can create a different programme for each viewer.
Radio Has The Best Pictures




More important, we will search out the hidden connections among events that
on the surface seem unrelated.
Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave



Actually, I'm getting a little sick of the word 'discourse.' Do I sound irritable? There is a very noisy playground across from where I am writing.
Guest Editor
Billy Collins
Introduction best American poetry 2006

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extraordinary Discourse 531

Extraordinary Discourse 413

Extraordinary Discourse 427